When many people think about starting a YouTube channel for their business, the thought of becoming a “famous” YouTuber can be really offputting.
But there are other ways of using YouTube to help you build your business, that don’t often get thought about so much.
In this podcast episode, I bring back viral video maker and expert videographer, Dan Bennett, from 1MinMedia and The Antipreneur to take a deep dive into making videos for YouTube.
We talk about:
- Dan’s definition of what “viral” actually means.
- Whether it’s worth having a YouTube channel if you never want to be “popular.”
- Why a video he made went viral after Anne Hathaway discovered the impact of her role in “Witches” and shared it.
- Why have an “About Me” page video is a really good idea?
- How to use YouTube with purpose … when you DON’T want to be famous?
- Why do your YouTube channel analytics really matter?
- What makes a good thumbnail?
- And how to AB test thumbnails for free.
- Working with YouTube’s search engine algorithm.
There’s tons of value here, especially if you’re on the fence about whether your business should have a YouTube channel.
Have a listen. You’ll be glad you did.
Trudy Rankin is the host of the Online Business Launchpad Podcast, Director of West Island Digital and the founder of the Online Business Lift-Off program.
Affiliate Disclaimer: If you click on links on this page and then make a purchase, I may earn a commission (at no cost to you). I am a proud affiliate of these resources because I use them in my own life and business.
Creating awesome video content can seem daunting as there can be a lot of moving parts. Equipment, Space and Strategy just to name a few. Many entrepreneurs want to skip all the stress and work with a professional…
And That's Where I Come In!
But in the vein of the #Antipreneur – There is no blueprint, no silver bullet and no magic pill.