Did you know that Google Business Profile used to be called Google My Business?
And did you know that having your Google Business Profile filled out is a really excellent way for people to find you? Even if you don’t have a locally owned business?
My Google Business Profile is in serious need of a makeover. So I asked experts Amanda Magho from Ahadi Creations and Matt Woicik from ML2 Solutions to join me on the podcast and share some of their best tips. These tips are based on their experience of helping their clients make the most of their Google Business Profiles.
In this episode we talk about:
- Keyword stuffing … what’s okay and what’s not
- Which should come first, your Google Business Profile or your website?
- What kind of photos to add to your profile
- Whether you should have a Google Business Profile if you’re an online business
- Why getting reviews is so important
- How to deal with it when people give you bad reviews
- Ways of asking for reviews
- Advice re posting events on your Google Business Profile
- The number 1 thing you should do that will increase your Google Business Profile impact
- What if you want to have more than one profile?
- Other online places where people can find your business, that you should be claiming
- How to do with overwhelm when it comes to building your Google Business Profile
- Why you really, really, really need to claim your Google Business Profile
If Google Busines Profile is something you’ve been ignoring or if you are thinking about tweaking it to make it more impactful, this episode will really help you.
And you’ll want to have a listen. You’ll be glad you did.
Trudy Rankin is the host of the Online Business Launchpad Podcast, Director of West Island Digital and the founder of the Online Business Lift-Off program.
Affiliate Disclaimer: If you click on links on this page and then make a purchase, I may earn a commission (at no cost to you). I am a proud affiliate of these resources because I use them in my own life and business.
Amanda Magho and Matt Woicik
My name is Amanda Magho, and I have been creating and working on sites for many years now. I enjoy endlessly learning new ways to market and improve websites for my personal business, family business, and soon, your business!
Owning a website is a fundamental start to running a successful business, and isn’t that what you are aiming for?! I look forward to scheduling a discovery call with you and ironing out the details of what you’d love to have on your site!
ML2 Solutions started in early 2019 as the digital marketing agency you see today. But, it started much early. It was me buying my first domain name in 1999. It was the many versions of my personal website. It was being involved in many websites over the 13 years of being an IT Manager.
It was working on the digital marketing efforts of 5 small businesses before realizing I wanted to help other businesses with their digital marketing. I wanted to help get more customers. I wanted to help you get more sales. I wanted to make technology easier to understand and partner with you to help you in your business.
Matt Woicik, Owner
Amanda Magho and Matt Woicik