When young engineer, Joe Khoei, discovered that the salespeople in his company were selling stuff that the company didn't have … and being rewarded for it with trips to Hawaii … he realised he was in the wrong role.
So he went back to school, got an MBA and started working as a sales rep.
After 10 solid years of experience under his belt, Joe started SalesX to help companies sell more. Not advertise more. Sell more.
Fast forward to today and SalesX is now a successful agency that helps companies develop profitable customer acquisition programs. Part of getting to that success has been made possible by focusing on developing the people he works with and growing great teams.
And because of his team … and a not very well-known source of marketing funds, Joe is now able to give back by helping not-for-profit organisations with their marketing for free.
Listen in if you’d like to know more.
We also talked about:
- How Joe got started with SalesX
- A little-known marketing resource for not-for-profit organisations that Google offers … and not many people seem to be using
- Why having a developmental pathway for people on his team is important
- How Joe made a move from being a tech expert to becoming a relationship manager
- Why participating in internship programs can be good for your business
- How automating things can make a huge difference to your business
- The importance of ensuring that the way you network fits your personality.
There is a lot of wisdom packed into this episode, whether you’re a manager, team leader or business owner.
Trudy Rankin is the host of the Online Business Launchpad Podcast, Director of West Island Digital and the founder of the Online Business Lift-Off program.
Affiliate Disclaimer: If you click on links on this page and then make a purchase, I may earn a commission (at no cost to you). I am a proud affiliate of these resources because I use them in my own life and business.
That is why I started SalesX® in 2010: to assist companies by providing them with SEM tools to reach the right people at the right time. From Day One we invested in our clients through education and coaching programs that let them harness the energy within their organizations.