When Brent was living in Florida in 2015, he was working in a totally unrelated industry to online advertising, although he did have a couple of years of experience with advertising.
But then he met a friend who was selling on Amazon. This friend had developed some great connections with some factories that had not done very well in the economic downturn in 2008, 2009 and had since been retooled. Brent’s friend was basically wholesaling and taking those products and selling them on Amazon.
And this guy came to Brent one day and said, Hey, there's advertising on Amazon, can you help me with this?
And Brent’s first response to that was actually “there's advertising on Amazon? I had no idea that existed!”
Fast forward to today and Brent has a team of 20 people who work with him to help businesses advertise on Amazon.
In this episode we talk about:
- Building that team and Brent’’s criteria for bringing people on board as team members
- What you need to have in place in order to have a successful advertising campaign
- Amazon ads and the creatives for them
- The role that product listings play in a successful campaign
- Clicks versus conversions
- Tricky categories, e.g. clothing
- The cottage industry that has developed around creating tools to help Amazon sellers
- Standing out from other 3rd party sellers
Trudy Rankin is the host of the Online Business Launchpad Podcast, Director of West Island Digital and the founder of the Online Business Lift-Off program.
Affiliate Disclaimer: If you click on links on this page and then make a purchase, I may earn a commission (at no cost to you). I am a proud affiliate of these resources because I use them in my own life and business.
- Website: https://www.amzpathfinder.com/
- Tools to help sellers
Brent started AMZ Pathfinder in the summer of 2015 – the early days of Amazon advertising when you could quickly see incredible ROI advertising just about anything.
Brent realized that he had the power to help so many businesses selling on Amazon harness this growing PPC platform to grow their revenue and exposure.
Since then, he’s witnessed firsthand each and every update that Amazon has implemented and throughout the years, updated the tactics and processes AMZ Pathfinder uses to adapt to the ever-evolving ecosystem.