Which of these statements best describes your business?
- You have a stable base of one type of customer and you’re ready to grow by adding in more types of customers
- You are serving very different types of customers and haven’t yet landed on a single product or service that works for most customers
Either way, adding in segmentation to your business toolkit is going to help you save time and serve your customers better.
In today’s Online Business Launchpad podcast host, Trudy Rankin, takes us through the five-step process of creating segmentation groups for your business customer base.
Trudy talks about –
- The different types of customers one may have.
- The importance of setting up groups for your customers to target their specific requirements.
- Touches on the subject of Menopause and recommends you look themenopauseeffect.com for an example of segmentation
- Explains some of the benefits of segmenting customers
- Trudy talks about some of the difficulties she faced in her early days as a chief information officer.
- We get to hear the important 5 Steps on setting up and implementing Segmentation.
- Trudy explains the background to one of the steps in the segmenting process which was developed by Ryan Leveque, and his book called Ask.
- We get to hear what you need to do with the information once you have gone through the 5 Steps.
Trudy Rankin, is the host of the Online Business Launchpad Podcast, Director of West Island Digital and the founder of the Online Business Lift-Off program.