Today’s Online Business Launchpad podcast guest is Damari Gold who has spent the last 15 years of her career as an Accountant. She holds a master's degree in accounting and finance. And her business, The Gold Standard Accounting & Tax, is a tax firm in Huntington Beach California.
Trudy and Damari talk about –
- Her beginnings as the child of Salvadorian immigrants and a first-generation American.
- How an opportunity arose for an internship for taxation.
- Damari is a mother of two children and a stepmother also to two children.
- How Damari and her partner designed the business to a different type of accounting office.
- The problems women face understanding and managing finances and how to deal with those problems.
- How having to file for bankruptcy and the struggles she faced all became a part of her knowledge and desire to help others in similar situations.
- People that are in dire financial situations and how to cope.
- The difference between good debt versus bad debt.
- How your mindset matters, no matter your position in life.
- The fear people have with regards to taking on debt out of necessity.
Trudy Rankin, is the host of the Online Business Launchpad Podcast, Director of West Island Digital and the founder of the Online Business Lift-Off program.
Affiliate Disclaimer: If you click on links on this page and then make a purchase, I may earn a commission (at no cost to you). I am a proud affiliate for these resources because I use them in my own life and business.
I am a first generation American that grew up in the projects of East Los Angeles!
I grew up poor and with no experience about money or how to build long term wealth. Although I pursued an education and career in Accounting, it was a long time before I discovered and understood the Foundation of Money.
I have spent the last 15 years in my career as an Accountant. I own a tax firm in Huntington Beach California, The Gold Standard Accounting & Tax.
Throughout my career there has been a common theme among Women, speaking about Money and personal finances is scary!
And so, I realized why most of us have a hard time understanding how to save money, pay off debt, start a retirement account, not feel broke, not live paycheck to paycheck. The reason is because we don’t know the Foundation of Money. We don’t have the fundamental, practical skills to flourish and build.
If you are tired of living in the dark about your money, if you are tired of feeling fearful and you desire freedom, security and confidence, then you have come to the right place.
Let me show you how to create a strong foundation you can build upon and BE a Confident Money Woman!