Today’s Online Business Launchpad podcast guest is Karthik Vijayakumar, He is the Founder of Design Your Thinking Labs.
After having worked for over 15 years on products, design, and marketing with big companies and startups, Karthik started designyourthinking.com. This started out as a blog. But over time, this little “thing” grew and took on a life of its own.
Trudy and Karthik talk about –
- Karthik’s background and his move from India to the US to work for IBM and others.
- How after working for 15 years he decided he needed a change of direction in his life.
- That he started blogging and how one of his blogs went viral.
- How Karthik created an e-book that also went viral and credits Pat Flynn for his help.
- The beginnings of Karthik’s podcast career on the 17th of October, 2016.
- The struggles Karthik faced in the early stages of his new career.
- How Karthik realized that he had no goal in place and made the decision to hire a coach named Brian Harris from Videofruit to help him on his journey and also THE “POSTER BOY” FORMULA: HOW I GOT MY FIRST 10,000 READERS
which Karthik found very helpful.
- That Karthik considers himself a storyteller and that he is a numbers person and has a lot of faith in metrics and what they convey.
- The answer Karthik gives people when asked what it is that he does for work.
- That Karthik is also a caregiver to his Father who is suffering from dementia.
Trudy Rankin, is the host of the Online Business Launchpad Podcast, Director of West Island Digital and the founder of the Online Business Lift-Off program.
Affiliate Disclaimer: If you click on links on this page and then make a purchase, I may earn a commission (at no cost to you). I am a proud affiliate for these resources because I use them in my own life and business.
The Founder of Design Your Thinking Labs. After having worked for over 15 years on products, design, and marketing with big companies and startups, I started designyourthinking.com. This was just as a blog. But over time, this little “thing” grew and took life of it’s own.
So what do we do today? Well, simply put, I’d like to say that we love to solve problems. But if I had to be specific, I help businesses with sales copies, create online courses, and of course podcasting.