Today’s guest, Graeme Knight, was an IT developer, who hated his day job so much he quit. The very next day, he and a friend from their own business. They were able to successfully build that business, but it wasn’t all sweetness and light.
Listen in as Graeme shares his journey and then some really useful tips for building traffic to your website using practical (and do-able) SEO techniques.
We talk about:
- How Graeme decided to learn something new and then start another business after successfully running 3 businesses (and closing down 2 of them)
- Our new project we have coming up where Graeme and I will take an experimental website (that has been languishing from lack of attention) and seeing whether an SEO audit and action plan can make a difference to traffic numbers
- How SEO and inbound marketing are like a pizza … one part without the other parts are pointless and messy
- Graeme shares his top 3 things you should be doing with SEO to help people find you when they search on Google
- If thinking about Google Analytics makes you want to run away, Graeme’s recommendations for ignoring 99% of what’s in your analytics and only focus on organic search … and why … will make your day
Affiliate Disclaimer: If you click on links on this page and then make a purchase, I may earn a commission (at no cost to you). I am a proud affiliate of these resources because I use them in my own life and business.
I have owned three small businesses in the last 13 years. Two of them have been online. The other was a software consultancy. My limited and self-taught knowledge of SEO has helped our sales. Most of our revenue is generated through organic search. We don’t pay for ads. Because of this, as well as my love for business, software, sales, data and analytics, it seemed natural to want to take a deeper dive toward the SEO world. If I can help myself, perhaps start another business helping others, then that is a win!